Youth Work Methods Training of Trainers (Renton, Dec 15-17)
4-week distance; 3-day live; 1-week distance
Our most intensive course prepares participants to lead the 10 item-aligned Youth Work Methods professional development workshops. The Training of Trainers (TOT) begins with 4 weeks of distance coursework comparable to a college-level course. Participants should expect to spend 6-8 hours per week on coursework. The TOT culminates in an intensive 3-day live workshop. Finally, there is one last week of distance work to wrap-up. Materials that participants receive include a binder with training agendas for all the item-aligned workshops as well as a set of 10 Methods guidebooks.
Due to the nature and rigor of the course, experience with the Youth Work Methods, Youth Program Quality, as well as training experience is highly recommended but not required.
Distance Component: Nov 15 - Dec 21
- Methods Content
- Weekly Exams
Webinars: 4 one-hour webinars, ALL at 9:00 am PST
- Nov 16
- Nov 23
- Nov 30
- Dec 7
Live Component: December 15-17, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm PST (ALL 3 days)
- Practice with Key Methods
- Facilitation Practice
- Peer Presentations
Online Wrap-Up: Dec 18-21
- Follow-up Webinar: December 21 at 9:00 am PST
- Course Feedback Survey
If registration is closed, please email us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
- VACCINATION CARDS/NEG COVID TESTS: In compliance with King County Department of Health, School’s Out Washington will require proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test result, within 72 hours of the event, upon entry to the meeting space. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination may be submitted prior to attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For additional information regarding King County Department of Health requirements, see here: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/current-guidance/verify.aspx
- MASKS will be required to be worn at all times during the training unless participants are seated for eating/drinking.
- If all participants are fully vaccinated and in agreement, the group will have the option of choosing to remove masks while inside the meeting space. Participants may choose to wear masks regardless of group decision.
- Masks must be worn while in other parts of the hotel, including Hotel Lobby, Public Foyer Spaces, etc.
- ADDITONAL PRECAUTIONS:
- Meeting space and meals will be provided by the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle’s Southport. See this link for Hyatt’s Commitment to Care and Cleanliness.
- As much as possible, meeting rooms will be set up to accommodate the following:
- 6-foot distancing amongst participants and trainers
- Open air ventilation
- Periodic cleaning of high-touch surfaces – cleaning/sanitizing supplies will be provided by SOWA for the duration of the training
- Encouragement of frequent hand-washing
- CANCELLATION DUE TO COVID-19: eating/drinking.
- If a participant must cancel their attendance due to COVID-19, a full credit will be issued for the cost of the Training of Trainers event. This credit may be used towards a future event scheduled by School’s Out Washington. Please email cancellations to email@example.com.
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.