STEM Powered Play (Sep 2)
STARS Credits: 2
If STEM feels more like a chore than a joy, if your STEM curriculum falls flat too often, or you have to bribe kids to participate, maybe your methods just need a tweak. You can offer afterschool STEM activities that support NGSS standards, use affordable and readily available materials, and engage children deeply. In this workshop, we will explore the elements that lead to joyful afterschool STEM programming for children and staff. Learn the steps, get new resources, and play!
- Through hands-on activities, virtual demonstration, and discussion, participants will learn strategies to provide engaging afterschool STEM programming.
- Participants will receive afterschool STEM tools and resources to use in their programs immediately.
If registration is closed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.