Self Care and Emotion Coaching for Adults (Nov 9)
STARS Credits: 2
During this virtual training, participants will learn strategies while framing self-care as an essential practice for working with young people. We will explore the physiology of the nervous system and emotion regulation. Much of the workshop will focus on both practicing and brainstorming simple self-care strategies and principles.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Explore ways that self-care and effectively managing our own emotions are essential to effectively and sustainably working with young people
- Build a deeper understanding of the nervous system and how it can guide us in self-care and emotion management
If registration is closed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration.
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.