SEL PQA Basics (City of Seattle DEEL, Nov 29-30)
STARS Credits: 6
The SEL PQA (Social & Emotional Learning Program Quality Assessment) Basics Live : Prepares participants to conduct program self-assessment, and is the first step in becoming an External Assessor in the SEL PQA. These trainings are primarily for site staff, especially site leads, but can also include anyone who will continue on the External Assessor track, program staff, funders, and other stakeholders. Please note that the SEL PQA is being piloted in 2017-2018.
- Become familiar with the “quality construct” that the SEL PQA represents.
- Learn the structure of the SEL PQA and how to use & score the instrument.
- Develop observation and note-taking skills to generate rich anecdotal evidence.
- Understand how program self assessment fits into a quality improvement cycle.
- Develop an implementation plan for conducting your program self assessment process.
If registration is closed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration.