SEL External Assessor Reliability Training (Mar 10 and 12)
STARS Credits: 8
SEL PQA External Assessor Reliability Training at a regional workshop, within another network. Reliable assessors must meet rigorous standards that require in-depth exploration of the SEL Program Quality Assessment (PQA). Participants must attend the entire training, over the course of which, they will watch a video and practice scoring the PQA under the guidance of an experienced reliable rater from the Weikart Center. The training culminates in a distance video reliability check where participants must achieve 80% reliability in order to pass. Participants who pass will be provisionally* endorsed SEL PQA external assessors for 1 year. Participants who do not reach reliability during the video scoring portion of the training will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with our researcher to discuss scoring feedback. Endorsement may then be provided at the discretion of the Weikart Center.
Please note: currently endorsed assessors will still need to maintain their Youth or School Age PQA reliability through a webinar or self-paced option in order to continue to score the SAPQA or the YPQA.
*Provisional endorsement means that the master scores and videos will not have had our usual 1 year vetting process.
By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Understand how Youth PQA and SEL PQA are similar and different
- Understand intent and purpose of new SEL PQA items and scales
- Practice scoring new SEL items
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.