SEL Basics Part I & II (Sep 28 & 30)
STARS Credits: 6
The SEL PQA (Social & Emotional Learning Program Quality Assessment) Basics Live : Prepares participants to conduct program self-assessment, and is the first step in becoming an External Assessor in the SEL PQA. These trainings are primarily for site staff, especially site leads, but can also include anyone who will continue on the External Assessor track, program staff, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Become familiar with the “quality construct” that the SEL PQA represents.
- Learn the structure of the SEL PQA and how to use & score the instrument.
- Develop observation and note-taking skills to generate rich anecdotal evidence.
- Understand how program self-assessment fits into a quality improvement cycle.
- Develop an implementation plan for conducting your program self-assessment process.
If registration is closed, please email us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
About SOWA Virtual Workshops
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.