Reframing Conflict (Mercy Housing, Jan 26)
What role do you play in conflict situations with the youth in your program? Do you know how to turn a conflict situation into an opportunity for growth? This interactive workshop introduces participants to the High/Scope step-by-step model for reframing conflict as well as general principles of conflict resolution. This workshop, part of the Youth Work Methods series, was designed by the David P. Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality to empower direct-staff with tools that will increase the quality of their work with youth.
In this workshop, participants will:
- have the opportunity to explore the roles they play in conflict situations in their programs
- gain experience in Reframing Conflict using the High/Scope step-by-step model and the general principles for conflict resolution
- understand how reframing conflict can turn conflict situations into opportunities for growth
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration.
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.