Program Planning and Transitions (Dec 8)
STARS Credits: 2
How we plan for and set up our program’s environment, curriculum and schedule can directly impact the experience of young people. Have you ever thought about how much of your program time is spent just waiting? If we aren’t careful, it’s easy to spend more of our program time in transition, waiting for youth or in many cases youth waiting on staff, than engaging in enriching learning opportunities. In this workshop we will explore key components and considerations of program planning that keep us focused on and available for the youth in our program. Participants will walk away with strategies and tools that will support you in creating a program structure that works!
In this workshop, participants will:
- Understand how the key principles of development support program planning.
- Develop at least one goal for their program.
- Understand & be able to implement at least one transition strategy.
If registration is closed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration.
About the Instructor
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.