Post Pandemic Trauma Informed Teaching (Oct 14)
STARS Credits: 2
This 2 hour online presentation will highlight how to identify trauma in youth and some tools/strategies to provide safe learning environments for them. There will also be opportunities for educators to collaborate and create new trauma informed norms that they can enact in their respective spaces.
In this workshop participants will learn to:
- incorporate SEL strategies into curriculum
- assess trauma responses in students
- build relationships with students
- develop culturally inclusive and safe spaces for students
- learn reflective exercises for improved practice
If registration is closed, please email us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
About SOWA Virtual Workshops
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.