Pilot Module: Career Connected Learning (Oct 16)
This is a pilot module training session – meaning participants can join and engage in the full training workshop with the agreement that you are willing to complete the extended feedback survey at the end of the training to help us finalize the module. Content and resources that you engage with may or may not be in the finalized module.
Youth deserve programming that is dynamic, reflects representation from their culture and communities, and designed with youth leading the way. Career connected learning opportunities (CCL) are so important but often the youth that have access and/or can see themselves in a lot of STEAM based CCL opportunities are not representative of our most marginalized young people. STEAM prominently exist in every community and culture – this training is designed to help widen our lens, resources, and project management skills to support developing Career Connected Learning opportunities for under resourced youth.
The purpose of this training is to gain thoughtful strategies and techniques for embedding a decolonized approach to career connected learning projects, programming, and events.
- Reflect on their positionality, privilege, and relationships with the communities they serve
- Increase understanding of what STEAM and career connected learning is, and make connections to how it shows up in in their organization/program/project
- Be able to articulate their “why” and the importance of marketing to different stakeholders appropriately
- Identify tactics for researching and building relationships with businesses/corporations/content experts through identifying the intersections of your work
If registration is closed, please email us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration.
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.