Pathway to Family Partnership (Jul 31)
STARS Credits: 2
Family is where most young people build their first understanding of relationship, identity, and community. The current global Pandemic has reminded us that centering families and understanding life outside of programs and schools is key to supporting young people holistically. Join us for a webinar style opportunity to discuss and review different family engagement models and strategies that aim to support and coach families in their communities. In this webinar we will be implementing a culturally responsive lens to explore family connection, communication and wellness while also centering the importance of decolonization for families of color.
- Understand and name at least two family engagement models.
- Use Critical Thinking Skills to review family engagement models and strategies through a culturally responsive lens.
- Reflect on the importance of decolonization for families of color and its role in family partnership.
If registration is closed, please email us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
About the Instructor
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.