Online 30 Hour School-Age Basics - Kick-Off and Closing Webinars
STARS Credits: 30
This self-paced course meets basic STARS training requirements for those providing care to school age children in Washington State. The 30 Hour School-Age Basics course curriculum and learning outcomes meet Washington state Pre-Service Requirements.
Get started, and click 'Register' to select a Kickoff Webinar on the 30 Hour School-Age Basics Schedule.
Four Required Steps to Complete Course
- Participate in the Kick-Off Webinar.
- Complete the 10 Online Modules
- Complete and submit Homework before attending the Closing Reflection Webinar.
- Participate in the Closing Reflection Webinar.
Questions?Learn more by referencing the checklist and FAQ below:
About SOWA Virtual Workshops
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration
About the Instructor
School-Age staff working in licensed childcare/before and after school programs.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.