Learning Lab - Creating Equitable Spaces for Transgender Youth (Dec 9)
STARS Credits: 1
This space is open to anyone who has completed the “Creating Equitable Spaces for Transgender Youth” workshop on November 18.
Join us for this highly interactive exploration of gender and the transgender youth community. This learning lab is an open space to ask questions, think critically about implementation, and build up your readiness to use what you’ve learned.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn” -Benjamin Franklin
- Recognize transphobia, the ways it harms youth and contributes to inequitable outcomes in our programs.
- Work toward implementing meaningful ways to welcome gender diverse youth.
- Deepen exploration of strategies to work towards gender equity.
If registration is closed, please email us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
About SOWA Virtual Workshops
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.