Leading with Insight Cohort Series (Feb 19-Apr 30)
STARS Credits: 18.5
The events of 2020 and the prolonged COVID-19 response have altered our personal lives and job roles, changing the way we work more than any other crisis in our lifetime. Unprecedented change is the new normal and it will continue to be more important than ever for leaders at every level to rise to the occasion. We need to be nimble, adjust our thinking, innovate, adapt, quickly communicate, and move forward even as the ground seems to shift beneath our feet. For this reason, insight becomes critical to lead the way forward.
The Leading with Insight series is designed to support leadership at every level of an organization during this time of change and will help leaders discover the strengths, resources, and insights they need to meet the challenges ahead.
The three-part series includes nine, interactive virtual workshops focused on a new way of leadership in a post-COVID world. It includes Leader as Learner, Leader as Facilitator, and Leader as Creator.
In this series learners will:
- Consider the power of continuous learning, curiosity, and growth mindset as well as how to learn from others through listening deeply.
- Review how leaders make work easier by building relationships and nurturing an environment of mutual trust, respect, psychological safety, and agility.
- Explore the values that drive you as a leader, how to create alignment between your values and vision and those of your team, the importance of a compelling vision for the future that drives what we do today, and how to sustain that vision and shared sense of purpose during tumultuous times.
Live learning sessions will occur via Zoom every Saturday (10:00 AM to noon Pacific) from February 19, 2022 until April 30, 2022. Please note, the first session will end at 12:30 PM to allow time for building community.
Part 1: Leader as Learner
- Feb 19: 10:00 AM -12:30 PM
- Feb 26: 10:00 AM -12:00 PM
- Mar 12: 10:00 AM -12:00 PM
Part 2: Leader as Facilitator
- Mar 19: 10:00 AM -12:00 PM
- Mar 26: 10:00 AM -12:00 PM
- Apr 2: 10:00 AM -12:00 PM
Part 3: Leader as Creator
- Apr 16: 10:00 AM -12:00 PM
- Apr 23: 10:00 AM -12:00 PM
- Apr 30: 10:00 AM -12:00 PM
Leading with Insight is designed with busy leaders in mind and is meant to be a bite-sized, highly interactive learning opportunity. Readings and other resources will be provided for those who want to go deeper into the topics covered, but there is no required homework or projects. Join the weekly live sessions to learn and grow with your colleagues from around the region.
If registration is closed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Professionals who manage teams, serve in management or leadership positions, or are preparing to step into a leadership role. People new to youth development, younger professionals, BIPOC and other groups frequently underrepresented in leadership roles are strongly encouraged to register.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.