Kick-off Webinar: Online 30 Hour School-Age Basics (May 17)
STARS Credits: 30
This kick-off webinar is the first step to begin the Online 30 Hour School-Age Basics. The kick-off webinar is an orientation for participants where they will receive access to the online course and homework materials.
This is a Closed Custom webinar for Associated Recreation Council (ARC) Staff.
What to expect:
- No pre-work is required to attend
- Logistics will be sent in an email the day before and the morning of the training.
- Review all four (4) steps to complete the course
- Navigate the Collabornation: Online 30 Hour Course online training platform
- Share homework and expectations for the Closing Reflection Webinar
If registration is closed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
About the Course
This course meets basic STARS training requirements for those providing care to school age children in Washington State. The 30 Hour School-Age Basics course curriculum and learning outcomes meet Washington state Pre-Service Requirements.
Please note this training does not meet requirements for staff working with preschool and infants. Please use the MERIT portal to search early learning training opportunities .
About the Instructor
School-Age staff working in licensed childcare/before and after school programs.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.