Introduction to the Youth Program Quality Assessment (Sep 21)
STARS Credits: 3
Young people can thrive when they feel safe and supported to learn and lead. In this workshop, we’ll explore the foundations of the active participatory approach and staff practices that promote positive youth development. Participants will review and discuss specific strategies for promoting safety, providing learning supports, and creating opportunities for collaboration and leadership. We’ll further make connections to the Youth Program Quality Assessment tool developed by the David P. Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality and explore next steps for engaging in a continuous quality improvement cycle.*
*This training utilizes the Youth PQA and related content developed by the David P. Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality.
- Experience PQA practices in action
- Make connections between the active-participatory approach and high quality staff practices in youth programs
- Become familiar with the “quality construct” that the Youth PQA represents
- Identify next steps for engaging in a continuous quality improvement cycle (i.e. Assess-Plan-Improve)
About SOWA Virtual Workshops
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.