Introduction to Quality (Jul 17)
STARS Credits: 2
What is program quality? Why does it matter? How can it help you and the young people you’re working with? In this session, we’ll explore the WA State Program Quality Standards. Standards are benchmarks that make any program serving young people even better and they are a key component of continuous quality improvement efforts. Have you ever wondered how to know if your program is really working? How do you know you’re making an impact for the young people you’re working with? Continuous Quality Improvement is a strategy to help you answer these questions and begin conversations with your team about what makes your programs work.
- Define at least two Quality Standards and identify examples of practice in their program
- Make connections to the Washington State Quality Standards for Afterschool and Youth Development Programs and the goals of their program
- Discuss strategies for using the Quality Standards with their staff or in their program
- Understand how the Quality Standards fit within a Continuous Quality Improvement System
If registration is closed, please email us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
About the Instructor
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.