Infusing SEL Practices Into the Culture of Your Program (Seattle, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Jun 6)
Social Emotional Learning is not just another topic or skill taught through a one-off activity or discussion. It should be a living, breathing, practice throughout your program day. In this highly interactive workshop participants will explore the foundations and roots of SEL, why it’s important, and what it could look like in practice. Participants will walk away with tangible practices for implementing SEL into your daily routine.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the importance of Social Emotional Learning as a consistent program practice
- Identify specific SEL skills that can be strengthened within the context of what you're already doing
- Have opportunity to discuss and plan for implementing SEL practice
This training is scheduled to be live in-person. To ensure the safety of all participants and training staff we have the following Covid-19 protocols:
- MASKS will be required to be worn at all times during the training unless participants are seated for eating/drinking.
- As much as possible, meeting rooms will be set up to accommodate the following:
- 6-foot distancing amongst participants and trainers
- Open air ventilation
- Periodic cleaning of high-touch surfaces – cleaning/sanitizing supplies will be provided by SOWA for the duration of the training
- Encouragement of frequent hand-washing or hand sanitizing
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.