Foundations of Youth Programming (Oct 7)
STARS Credits: 2.5
Join us to explore some research based foundational strategies to support young people. In this workshop we will take some time to practice basic skills. These will include welcoming young people into the program space, engaging youth voice, reflection and encouraging participant feedback.
We encourage professionals that are new to the youth development field to attend. It is open to all youth professionals.
- Name and describe at least three foundational practices that support healthy youth development.
- Identify next steps for implementation including strengthening quality practices they are already using and/or new strategies that support centering youth voice in programming.
If registration is closed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
This training is intended for direct service staff and managers of programs serving youth ages 5 to 18+ years. It is ideal for participants who are new to youth programming or those who wish to review foundational quality practices.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.