Cultural Responsiveness (Seattle University, Jan 29)
Cultural Responsiveness - An Inclusive Approach for Youth Programs
The Cultural Responsiveness: An Inclusive Approach for Youth Programs workshop explores cultural identities, perspectives, and relationships that impact youth and shares best practices for an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment for all youth.
This offering trains professionals to understand and implement the guiding principles of Cultural Responsiveness: Quality programs respect and are responsive to the diversity of program participants, their families, and community.
- Define terms of power, privilege, equality and equity issues that impact youth
- Learn the characteristics of inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environments for all youth
- Begin recognizing best practice behaviors; and discuss ways to incorporate aspects of Cultural Competency and Responsiveness into your program
If registration is closed, please email us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration.
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.