Creating Equitable Spaces for Transgender Youth - Hybrid (Nov 18)
STARS Credits: 2.5
This Hybrid Workshop (2.5 hours) includes two parts:
- Self-paced 360 Learning courses (0.50 Hour)– Will be available from 11/10/21-11/18/21. Must complete before attending the workshop on 11/18/2021
- Live Workshop on November 18, 2021 (2.00 Hours) - Attend a live workshop on 11/18/2021 from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Join us for this highly interactive, multi-platform exploration of gender and the transgender youth community.
This program starts with self-guided lessons on our Learning Management System 360Learning. You will have access to this content for a week before our live workshop. It is expected that you will complete the work in 360Learning prior to attending the live workshop.
In the live virtual workshop, we’ll discuss what we experienced in 360Learning and explore new ways of thinking about how to create welcoming environments for trans youth; as well as consider the unique supports they and their families need to thrive in your program.
This workshop is intended as an introduction and will give concrete practices for participants to take back and use immediately in their programs.
Transgender, non-binary and gender expansive folx are welcome to audit this course but please be aware that this is an introduction course and is aimed at an audience that might be new to this content.
- Recognize transphobia, the ways it harms youth and contributes to inequitable outcomes in our programs.
- Be able to identify meaningful ways to welcome gender diverse youth.
- Begin exploration of strategies to work towards gender equity.
If registration is closed, please email us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
About SOWA Virtual Workshops
Learning Environment: School’s Out Washington events are interactive. We encourage you to:
- Share your voice however possible — over video, audio and/or through the chat box.
- Have snacks and beverages on hand for refueling mind and body.
- Give yourself and others grace. Set your status as needed if you need to focus on other things in your environment for a moment during the event.
Technical Support: We encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom to your device before the event. A strong Wi-Fi and/or phone network connection will be essential.
Accommodations: Automated closed captioning and transcription will be available during the event via the Zoom – Otter AI integration
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.