Cohort Registration: Structural Racism & Cultural Responsiveness Learning Series (Dec 2019 - Jun 2020)
STARS Credits: 17
Congratulations on being selected to join the Structural Racism & Cultural Responsiveness Learning Series! You are joining an immersive cohort of individuals across King & Pierce County that are seeking to advance cultural & racial equity within their school-age & youth programs.
Our primary objective of the Structural Racism & Cultural Responsiveness Learning Series is to build a community of professionals that are confident in their ability to implement personal and organizational changes to promote racial equity at any position within an organization.
Meetings will be held primarily in South King County to accommodate participants from both Pierce and King Counties.
- 7-month learning cycle (Dec 2019 - Jun 2020) of monthly meetings for cohort participants
- 17 STARS credits eligible to participants.
- Registration limited to 30 participants through a formal selection process.
- $0.00 - Licensed Care School-Age Providers (Fees Covered by DCYF)
- $275.00 - Standard Registration for all other program providers working with children 5-18 years old.
Learning Series Schedule
- December 12, 2019: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM, Webinar
- January 16, 2020: 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM, Tukwila Community Center
- February 13, 2020: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, School's Out Washington Office
- March 12, 2020: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, TBD
- April 23, 2020: 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM, Tukwila Community Center
- May 14, 2020: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, TBD
- June 4, 2020: 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM, School's Out Washington Office
If you have immediate questions, or would like to request a fee reduction, contact the SOWA Statewide Training team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.