Chair-Based Yoga for Youth Development Professionals (Apr 22)
30-minute Chair-Based Yoga Sessions for Youth Development Professionals. Our yoga classes are based on the researched-based Breath Curriculum created by the founders of the Holistic Life Foundation. The classes empower participants with tools and skills for peaceful conflict resolution, improved focus, and concentration, greater control, and awareness of thoughts and emotions, improved self-regulation, as well as stress reduction and relaxation. The classes are based on yoga, meditation, breathing, tai-chi, centering, and other mindfulness techniques. Sessions start with a brief centering exercise, then yoga and tai-chi exercises, followed by breathing, and ending with a meditation. These sessions are designed so that participants can engage in them from a chair.
Drop into one or attend them all. These classes are fully funded by HLF and offered at no charge. Classes will run from March 23, 2021 to April 22, 2021.
- Tuesdays, 9-9:30 a.m. (March 23, March 30, April 6, April 13, April 20)
- Thursdays, 5-5:30 p.m. (March 25, April 1, April 8, April 15, April 22)
Register for each session you plan to attend.
If registration is closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.