Beyond Basics - Exploring Interaction (May 13)
STARS Credits: 1
Team-based program self-assessment using the SEL PQA (Social Emotional Learning Program Quality Assessment) is a highly effective, low stakes strategy for building a quality-focused culture. The SEL PQA is a validated assessment tool for measuring access to key developmental experiences in program settings. This tool can serve as a standard of instruction and a measure of progress toward those standards over time, which can then help identify training or support needs for staff.
This 1-hour training will explore the key staff practices in this particular domain of the tool and will be an interactive webinar style. This session will be recorded.
*This training utilizes the SEL PQA and related content developed by the David P. Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality and will be recorded.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the “quality construct” that the SEL PQA represents
- Calibrate their understanding of the SEL PQA tool and the domain "Interaction" to the validated differences between 1-3-5 scores
- Identify concrete examples of measures within the SEL PQA for both in-person and virtual programs
Training Interaction Level: High
This training will use several features of Zoom and will include multiple opportunities to interact with other participants in small and large groups. While connection by phone will be possible, it is strongly recommended that participants join by computer with a strong internet connection. Participants will be expected to engage in conversation throughout the training (This can look like using chat, Annotate, audio, and/or video).
If registration is closed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
This training is intended for direct service staff and managers of programs serving youth ages 5 to 18+ years. Participants should have previously attended the SEL PQA Basics training or have otherwise been introduced to the SEL PQA tool.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.