2021 Bridge Conference: From Seedlings to Stardust (Oct 26-29)
STARS Credits: 7.5
Head to our 2021 Bridge Conference website!
Explore the schedule, read updates, and see link to register.
Now in its 19th year, School’s Out Washington’s annual Bridge Conference brings together school-age care providers, youth development professionals, leaders, community organizers, funders, and policy makers from across the country. Attendees hear from thought-provoking presenters and learn new strategies to build strong programs and equitable systems for young people, in and out of school. Reflected in all aspects of the Bridge Conference are the values of equity, belonging, leadership, nourishment, change, innovation, and community. Our attendees and presenters, who represent the diverse communities we serve across Washington, come together to celebrate, influence, and learn in community with the expanded learning field.
We gather to:
- Engage with a diverse range of knowledge, people, and perspectives.
- Identify the specific ways that racial inequities impact youth, expanded learning opportunities, and educational outcomes.
- Experience a sense of belonging to nourish social connection and professional networking.
- Learn how to implement tangible practices that promote an equitable expanded learning opportunity ecosystem.
- Strive to recognize power dynamics throughout programs and systems and begin to strategize how to co-create stronger partnerships across sectors.
SOWA has thoughtfully created a schedule to allow for ample breaks and a variety of professional development and learning opportunities — that incorporate best practices in delivering engaging, interactive workshops through a virtual platform.
- Systems Pre-Conference — Tuesday, 10/26, 9:00 AM - 12 PM PST
- Day 1 — Wednesday, 10/27, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM PST
- Day 2 — Thursday, 10/28, 9:00 AM - 7:30 PM PST
- Day 3 — Friday, 10/29, 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM PST
- $100 - Registration for Licensed School-Age Programs in Washington State
- $175 - Early Bird Team Registration. Bring a team of 4 or more at $175 per ticket — July 1 - October 1
- $200 - Early Bird Registration — July 1 - July 31
- $250 - Standard Registration — August 1 - October 1
- $300 - Late Registration — October 2 - October 20