Washington Expanded Learning Opportunities (ELO) Network
Young people’s education doesn’t stop when the school day ends; neither should their access to high-quality learning opportunities. Quality expanded learning opportunities build lifelong skills, improve academic performance, and inspire young people to discover their individual passions. When expanded learning is supported to complement the school day, our state can narrow the opportunity gap and develop tomorrow’s leaders.
Washington ELO Network Overview
The ELO Network supports and promotes policies that increase access to high-quality expanded learning opportunities for youth in Washington. Together, ELO providers, K12 education and school-age child care stakeholders, families, and youth can come together to help improve the access to and the quality of ELOs.
The ELO Network:
- Recognizes the power of working together and our actions reflect our mutual respect for one another.
- Understands current disparities in access to high-quality programs and prioritizes reaching the youth that have the greatest risk of poor outcomes
- Advocates for the development of a strong statewide infrastructure that supports expanded learning opportunities at scale for youth
- Promotes the development of high-quality programs that research shows lead to strong youth outcomes.
- Values parent/family involvement and supports expanded learning opportunities that allow for parent and youth voice and choice.
- Utilizes a racial equity lens to ensure that our work reflects the diverse communities
WA ELO Network Membership
Join the Washington ELO Network to help advance our shared goals to support youth and help them reach their full potential in communities across Washington.
As a member, you will:
- Inform the Network’s policy goals
- Participate in advocacy and/or policymaker education efforts
- Attend full Network meetings and other applicable meetings and conference calls when possible
- Enroll in the free Ambassador-Level National AfterSchool Association membership (Click Here for details) *SOWA is the Washington State Affiliate for NAA.
Member benefits include:
- Increased statewide advocacy coordination, capacity, and power
- Participation in critical initiatives to influence expanded learning programs and policies
- Access to information and networking
Join the ELO revolution! Become a member of the network today and lend your voice to this growing movement!
Complete the form below to become a member
Got questions? Contact David Beard, SOWA’s Policy & Advocacy Director.