Process Improvement Consultant
Request for Qualifications
Deadline for Submission: October 7, 2020
School’s Out Washington (SOWA) is seeking a consultant to facilitate an effective Process Improvement Project for the newly centralized Program Quality Operations Team.
SOWA’s mission is to provide services and guidance for organizations to ensure all young people have safe places to learn and grow when not in school. SOWA is dedicated to building community systems to support quality afterschool, youth development and summer programs for Washington’s children and youth ages 5 through young adult. We support these programs through: (1) Quality and Training; (2) Policy and Advocacy; (3) Grants to Programs; and (4) Racial Equity.
Scope of Work
The goal of this project is to develop greater efficiencies and functionality through a comprehensive, streamlined operations model. An ideal candidate would be able to coach at all levels of the organization to support the following:
Process Development/Continuous Improvement Process
- Drive business functional processes to a consistent and exceptional operational standard.
- Drive improved performance using lean principles and continuous improvement tools.
- Develop and execute training plans for effective process implementation.
Visual Management and Communication
- Understand the strategic direction in the development and management of the Improvement Process.
- Ensure that plans are well developed, connected to the organization’s needs, and executed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that problem solving activity is prompt and relevant.
- Communicate frequently and openly to motivate team members to achieve goals and to maintain clear channel of communication across the organization.
- Facilitate groups with diverse perspectives and bring teams to consensus/alignment.
- Collaborate with affected departments and team members.
- Drive a cultural shift focused to support and sustain changes implemented during the Improvement Process.
Project Timeline: October 2020 – January 2021
- Work plan, including a schedule and meeting framework for key stakeholders
- Documentation of planning process/meetings
- Final recommendations for program structure and continuous improvement
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Expertise in change management and process development/continuous improvement process
- Expertise integrating and consensus building among stakeholders while assuring full participation
- Strong understanding of interpersonal and structural oppression and experience designing and leading inclusive and equitable planning processes
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Total cost for the project will not exceed $20,000.
Interested individuals should provide a written response in no more than 3 pages which includes:
- Organization/Lead Consultant Background
Describe the general nature of the organization and/or lead consultant’s work. Provide information on the education, skills, and experiences that uniquely qualify the lead consultant and/or team for this work. Provide examples of related work completed with contact information for the organizations served.
- Statement of Proposed Work
Describe the methodologies proposed to complete the process improvement plan, including how you would structure the work and guide the team through the process.
- Budget, Timeline, and Deliverables
Provide a detailed budget as well as a description of the specific deliverables that will be submitted, the timeline , and expected schedule of compensation.
Email response to Ka’ohe Wong by Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm.